About Me

My photo
Here are my records of my attempts to make SOMEthing delicious out of NOthing. "When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste." ~Laiko Bahrs

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Italian Style Chicken n' Beans

Right now I should really be memorizing definitions, practicing balance sheets, and journalizing entries for Accounting...however, I need a little break so I'm going to post a recipe for a yummy little something I ate yesterday for lunch!

The NOthing Inspiration: We had leftover green beans from dinner the previous night (an amazing dinner consisting of basil/tomato/mozzarella/garlic/rosemary and zucchini/onions/basil/tomatoes/feta/garlic/rosemary pizzas dipped in balsamic vinegar....YUM!). I had just heated the frozen green beans and added about a tsp. of olive oil, a tsp. of garlic, and a little s&p to the green beans. I had boiled up some chicken for chicken salad the other night and had some of the boiled chicken leftover. We had leftover crushed tomatoes and a half of an onion from making the pizza as well. On Friday I had picked a whole zip lock bag full of fresh basil from the golf course herb garden (you should see how much basil they have their...its like a basil farm!). The night before I had re-organized the refrigerator because everything was spilling out and we decided that we needed to start eating all of our leftovers so I decided to make this something out of these nothing leftover in order to reduce the spillage! :D

The Something Recipe:
Italian Style Chicken n' Beans
2 Servings
4 oz. boiled or grilled chicken breast
3 cups of cooked green beans
3/4 cup of sliced (pretty thick) onions
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. minced basil
1 oz. shredded cheese (any cheese you have on hand)
S&P

Saute sliced onions on medium heat in 1/2 tsp. olive oil until golden brown. Add green beans and garlic and allow them to get some brown marks. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces and add to onion/green bean/garlic mixture. Heat chicken through. Take mixture off of burner and plate. Sprinkle cheese and basil on top. Add s&p to taste. For maximum enjoyment: eat this SOMEthing out of NOthing recipe on a cool autumn night with a slice of garlic bread!

1 comment: