About Me

My photo
Here are my records of my attempts to make SOMEthing delicious out of NOthing. "When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste." ~Laiko Bahrs

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 1

Day one of blogging for food lovers! On this first day of blogging, the reality of cooking as an occupation started to become a reality. I talked to the head chef at Castle Pines Golf Course about the possibility of cooking in the kitchens this fall. As I entered the kitchen to talk with him, a rush of excitement (and apprehension) came over me. I saw the hustle and bustle of chefs running around the kitchen toiling over scrumptious dishes which would soon make a rich golfer happy! Even though the head chef believed that I could work in the kitchens in the fall, I somewhat became hesitant to accept that I might be making my, off and on, dream a reality. I know that cooking in a kitchen for a golf course is not the apex of a culinary career, but the idea of making food for others (besides my wonderful victims i.e my family) was near in sight. We will see what becomes of it. Until then I am going to continue to enjoy making food in my mother's kitchen!







Food bite of the day: My co-worker, Julie, brought stuffed peppers for lunch yesterday. Today I asked her what was inside because it almost looked like a Mexican style stuffed pepper. She told me the regular ingredients that a stuffed pepper would contain. But she also added corn to the meat mixture that goes inside the pepper. Then we both came to the conclusion that lots of things could go into a stuffed pepper! The fun thing about stuffed peppers is the creativity that can be used during the making of this delicious meal. I think you could take several differant flavor combos and stuff them into the edible containers. Italian: What about a beef, mushroom, garlic, onion, artichoke, and parmiagano reggiano stuffed pepper? Mexican: A beef, corn, salsa, sour cream, green onion, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and garlic stuffed pepper? Oriental: Or what about a vegetarian style pepper including rice, peas, corn, water chestnuts, and a sesame seed oriental dressing stuffed pepper? So many options! I am really in the mood to try all these different combos! The best part about it is that you can use whatever ingredients you have in order to make something delicious and scrumptious out of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment